- Model United Nations (MUN) is a simulation of the UN General Assembly and other multilateral bodies. In Model UN, students assume the role of ambassadors from UN member states to debate current issues on the organization’s agenda. During the simulation process, student delegates give speeches, prepare draft resolutions, negotiate with allies and adversaries, resolve conflicts, and navigate the Model UN conference rules of procedure – all in the interest of mobilizing “international cooperation” to resolve problems that affect countries all over the world.
- Our applications are open to both high school and university students.
- Delegates who miss two sessions will not be able to get their certificates.
- The official language of our conference is English.
- Participants should be aware of the intention of this conference being centrally academic and avoid clothing that is not in line with this in ways such as but not limited to:
-being too casual (sneakers, jeans, sweaters, etc.)
-exposing excessive bare skin, revealing undergarments, or being otherwise revealing
-failing to comply with the specific necessities regarding clothing, which are as followed:
for Female: Knee-length business attire is required.
for Male: Suit and a tie or a bow tie.
- In our conference, we will follow the Harvard procedure.
- Conference will be held in Istanbul Ticaret University between 29th June- 2nd July
- The role of a delegate is to characterize its delegation more specifically its country in the United Nations system.
A delegate tries to find beneficial solutions to world problems by debating his agenda, creating draft resolutions, explaining the political stance of his country, demanding different possible solutions to the draft resolutions or discussions; in brief, actively participating in the debate is a delegates main role. As in the abovementioned duties of a delegate, he/she will contribute to the decision-making process and their implementations in the scope of their committees.
-In TENMUN, a delegation needs at least 5, at most 25 delegates.
However, participants should bear in mind that the Secretariat of TENMUN reserves the right to ask the head delegates to reduce the total number of delegates in their delegation, due to the limited number of seats.
- It is not vital to have previous experiences, first-timers are welcome as well. However, since the level of difficulty and complexity of the committees will differ, while making applications bear in mind that our JCC and UNSC committees are for advanced delegates.
- As Secretariat of TENMUN'20 we are highly encourage all participants to read the "Delegate Preparation" and Harvard Rules of Procedure on our website
-Allocations will be sent out after the evaluation process of the applications. If any problem occurs PR team should be contacted.
- While press members are responsible to take photos of participants in the conference, Press Corp Members' main responsibility is to observe the United Nations Historical Security Council and when the crisis arrived at the committee ask questions to the delegates about crisis and their action about the situation.
TENMUN'20 websıte ıs programmed and desIgned by the ıt team